December 19, 2020
Image from Dell
This article is useful for anyone that has a Windows Laptop and wants to reset their computer to Factory settings.
There are several reasons as to why you may want to reset your Dell Laptop to Factory Settings, one of them could be to sell the device or another reason could be simply to fix an error which has been ongoing and can only be solved by reset. In this article, you will learn how to factory reset a dell laptop on Windows Versions 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
Using a Windows CD (ISO Image)
One way to reset windows is with an ISO disc of the operating system. You can get these discs with your machine or you can download some of them such as Windows 10 for free. The downside with this method is that you need to learn how to burn the ISO image onto a disc if you haven’t already got one.
- To begin with, insert the Disc into the laptop (if you don’t have a disc you can use a large enough USB drive)
- Now start the computer
- Before the computer Boots into Windows, you will want to press either F12 or F2. You will need to do this when the Dell logo or HP, Lenovo, Acer, Asus Logo appears.
- If you press F12 you should have an option to boot from CD/DVD, click enter. You will have to navigate using the keyboard arrow keys.
- If you pressed F2, go to boot and change the DVD/CD to the top of the list, Save and Exit.
- Once the Disc has booted go to Repair, now you will see an option which says “RESTORE SYSTEM”
- Click it and your Dell Laptop or equivalent will be Factory Reset.
How to Reset a Dell Laptop Without a Windows CD:
- Log into your account and go to windows.
- Press Windows + R key
- Type “CMD” or “COMMAND PROMPT”
- Press Enter
- Now type “system reset” (without quotes)
- Now choose the option that best suits you and reset the PC
Note: You may need administrator rights. To do this type CMD into the search, bar bottom left and right-click it. Then click Administrator.
Using Windows 10 to Factory Reset a laptop:
- Navigate to “SETTINGS”
- Go to “UPDATE AND SECURITY”
- Then “RECOVERY”
- Now Click “RESET THIS PC”
This will now reset your Dell Laptop or equivalent to Factory Settings. Please note that although this will be deleted and Factory Reset no data will ever be fully wiped and can always be retrievable so if you have super valuable data, then you’ll want to look into replacing the hard drive.
Share our post:
Recommended for you
No Results Found
The posts you requested could not be found. Try changing your module settings or create some new posts.