February 15, 2021
Image Credit: Gadgets Magazine
If you’re facing many problems while using your HP laptop and your laptop doesn’t start, this may occur due to system crash or hidden viruses. If you want to factory reset your HP laptop, here are some methods for factory reset.
Factory reset your HP laptop using Windows Settings
If you want to reset your HP laptop using Windows Setting, you have to follow some steps. Remember that you can use this method only if you can start your laptop.
- First of all press the “Windows Key” and “S” simultaneously on keyboard.
- Then write “reset this PC” and press the Enter key.
- Click on Get started.
- After you click on Get started, you can either delete the entire data or just the files you don’t need.
- You can also keep your personal data and apps by clicking on Keep My Files. It will keep your files safe from deleting.
- After this click on Reset, the process will get started. It will take some time to complete.
Use Windows Recovery Environment for factory reset
If you’re unable to start your HP laptop, you can reset factory data using Windows Recovery Environment. Here are some steps to reset factory:
- Shut down your HP laptop first.
- Disconnect all the external devices, i.e. printers or USB drives etc.
- Now restart your system and press “F11” again and again on your keyboard. Keep pressing it until an option screen appears.
- Click on Trouble Shoot
- Click on Reset this PC
- Choose whether you want to keep your files or erase them.
- Finally, click on Reset and your HP laptop will be reset.
Things to remember
After resetting your HP laptop to factory setting:
- Make sure you have the latest drivers for the system or update them through an automatic update.
- Search all the disk drives on your system to make sure all the data has been erased.
- If you found any file, repeat the process once again.
Share our post:
Recommended for you
No Results Found
The posts you requested could not be found. Try changing your module settings or create some new posts.